Website privacy notice
Who we are
Aspire to HE are a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation (including the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation) and we are responsible for, and control the processing of your personal information.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This notice explains how Aspire to HE collects and processes your personal information for responding to queries on our website, by email or by telephone.
Information we collect from the website
When you make a query on our website, by telephone or email, you will be asked to provide the following information;
- Your name
- Your title
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your business details
- And the nature of your query
This will enable us to respond to your query in full and, where appropriate, contact you in the future.
How we use your data
We use your data to ensure we can provide you with the best possible experience as a customer.
When you make a query, we ask for information to enable us to respond to your query timely and completely and better understand your needs so that we can improve our services.
We will process your personal information for the following purposes
- To process your enquiry or request.
- To track, analyse and keep a record of communications between us.
- Business reporting, such as number of enquiries and type.
- Online analytics, such as user-journeys, conversion tracking, and website behaviour analysis.
If you opted in to receive marketing and communication from us, we may, from time to time, contact you by email, post or telephone to pursue your query and for the following reasons:
- To invite you to events or activities that may be of interest to you.
- To contact you with information relevant to your enquiry.
- To keep you up-to-date with other relevant information, which we think may be of interest to you.
- If you would like to opt-out of the above communications, please see Rights of Data Subjects below for further information.
We will only use the data we collect on this website for responding to your query and, if you opt in, for sending you marketing and communications messages.
We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary and in-line with our statutory and, or, regulatory obligations where appropriate.
If you wish to request any of your records to be removed from our database or would like to opt-out of any or all marketing and communications from the Aspire to HE, please write to us.
Rights of data subjects
Right to request a copy of your information; you can request a copy of the information we hold about you (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold on you, please write to us.
Right to correct mistakes in your information – you can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do so, please write to us and provide us with enough information to identify you, as well as, inform us of the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing – if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Aspire to HE, please write to us.
Lawful basis for processing
Aspire to HE may rely on one or multiple grounds for processing your personal data including:
- You have provided consent for the processing.
- There is a contractual commitment to provide the services and, therefore, processing is necessary to meet those contractual obligations.
- Where processing of certain data is in the public interest, for example, where it enables the delivery of the University’s charitable activities and the subsequent benefits to society.
- The information is available to the public at large.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests of the University or other third parties and does not affect the fundamental rights and freedoms of the individuals concerned.
How to contact us
Should you have any queries, suggestions or issues please do not hesitate to contact Aspire to HE at AspiretoHE@wlv.ac.uk or you can write to us at the following address:
University of Wolverhampton
The Gateway at The George
If you have any concerns or believe that your personal information is being handled in a manner which is contrary to statutory requirements, you may wish to contact the University of Wolverhampton DPO on email@example.com or seek advice from the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).